Posts Tagged ‘books’
The Nielsen Global Online Shopping Report looks at how consumers shop online: what they intend to buy, how they use various sites, the impact of social media and other factors that come into play when they are trying to decide how to spend their money.
- More than eight out of ten Indian online consumers plan to shop online in the next twelve months
- More than a quarter indicate they spend upwards of 11 percent of their monthly shopping expenditure on online purchases
- 71 percent Indians trust recommendations from family when making an online purchase decision, followed by recommendations from friends at 64 percent and online product reviews at 29 percent
- Half the Indian consumers (50%) use social media sites to help them make online purchase decisions.
- Online reviews and opinions are most important for Indians when buying Consumer Electronics (57%), Software (50%), and a Car (47%).
- More than four in ten Indians are more likely to share (post a review/ Tweet/ review) a negative product or service experience online than they were to share a positive experience
- In the next six months Indians are most likely to buy Books (41%), Airline ticket/reservations (40%), and Electronic equipment like TV, Camera, etc. (36%) online
- When shopping online, one third of Indians (33%) purchase most frequently from websites which allow them to select products from many different stores.